Sivashankar is an Indian choreographer and actor. On 28 November 2021, he died of Govt-19 complications in Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
Wiki / Biography
Sivasankar was born on Tuesday, December 7, 1948 (Age 72 years; At the time of death) Govindappa Nayakkan Street, Paris, Chennai. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He completed his home schooling for a few years and then continued his schooling at the Hindu Theological High School in Saugatuck, Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Sivashankar received dance training from dance gurus Natraj & Shakuntala in Mylapore.
Height (approximately): 5 ′ 5
Hair color: Salt & pepper (dye)
Eye color: Brown
Parents & Siblings
His father, Kalyana Sundaram, was a wholesaler at the Kothaval booth in Chennai. Her mother’s name is Komala Amal.
Wife & Children
He married Sukanya and the couple has two sons, Vijay Sivasankar and Ajay Sivasankar.
In 1974, he began working as an assistant dance master to dance master Saleem. She made her debut as an assistant dancer in the 1975 Tamil film ‘Pattum Bharathamum’. (1980). He has choreographed several South Indian films such as ‘Kavikuyil’ (1977), ‘Prisoner’ (1983), ‘Driver Ramudu’ (2019), ‘Magadheera’ (2009), and ‘Bhagwati: The Beginning’ (2013). )
As an actor
He not only worked as a choreographer but also acted in various South Indian films. In 2003, he made his acting debut in the Tamil film ‘Alai’ in which he played a dance master. His other films include ‘History’ (2006), ‘Paradesi’ (2013), ‘NDR: The Storyteller’ (2019), ‘Green Lantern’ (2020), and ‘Where the Two Days Are So Far’ (2021). Some. . In 2020, he made his TV debut with the Telugu TV series ‘Naga Bhairavi’ starring as Shivu. He appeared in some TV serials like ‘Jothi’ (2021; Tamil) and ‘Number 1 Kodalu’ (2021; Telugu).
Sivashankar and his family were indicted in 2016 by his daughter-in-law Jyoti for dowry, domestic violence and psychological harassment. He then held a press conference in which he clarified the whole matter and made a request to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa. Security for his family.
Awards & Honors
- Poove Unakka (1996) Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Choreography
- Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Choreographer for Viswa Tulsi (2003)
- Doctorate (2003) for his services to dance at New International Christian University, Bangalore
- Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Choreographer for History (2006)
- Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Choreographer for Uliyin Osai (2008)
- SS Rajamouli’s National Film Award for Best Choreography for his work in the historical drama Magadheera (2008)
In 2021, he was diagnosed with Govt-19 and was admitted to AIG Hospital in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. Sivashankar passed away on November 28, 2021, unable to survive even after several months of treatment. Many South Indian celebrities shared their grief over his demise. Indian actor Sonu Sood tweeted.
Sivasankar was heartbroken to hear the news of Masterji’s demise. We tried our best to save him but God had other plans. I will always miss you Master. May the Almighty God give that family the strength to endure this loss. Cinema will always miss you sir.
Facts / Trivia
- When he was a child he had a major accident and after the intensive care of his aunts, he recovered at the age of 8 years.
- K. Sivasankar attended various dance and drama festivals as a child, from where he developed an interest in dance.
- He was admitted to the hospital in 2021 and after he was diagnosed with COVID-19, his family asked the South Indian film fraternity to help them financially. Some Indian actors like Dhanush, Chiranjeevi, Sonu Sood raised funds for his treatment.