Sonu Sood is an Indian actor, model and producer who has worked mainly in Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada films. The actor is also known for his humanitarian work.
Wiki / Biography
Sonu Sood was born on Monday 30th July 1973 (Age 48 years; Until 2021) In Moga, Punjab. Native zodiac sign Leo.
He completed his schooling at Sacred Heart School in Moga.
After finishing 10th grade, Sonu worked in a showroom in her father’s Moga, where she learned to recognize different clothes and also sells them. After that, he went to Nagpur and joined Yashwantrao Sawan College of Engineering to pursue Electronic Engineering. Suite excelled academically during his school and college days. When he was in his second year of college, his friends encouraged him to pursue a career in modeling and acting.
After graduation, Sood moved to Mumbai and started modeling.
During his early years in Mumbai, Sood worked for a private company in South Mumbai to support his daily expenses. Before becoming an actor, he also competed in the Grosim Mr. India competition and reached the top 5 places.
Height : 6 ¾ ”
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Brown
Family & Caste
Sonu Suite a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
His father Shakti Sagar Suite is a businessman. His mother Saroj Sood is a teacher. He has an older sister, Monica Sood (scientist), and a younger sister, Malvika Sachar.
On 10 January 2022, his younger sister Malvika Sachar entered active politics after joining the Indian National Congress in the presence of Punjab Chief Minister Saranjit Singh Sunny and Navjot Singh Sidhu.
Wife & Children
Sonu Suite Sonali married Suite. The couple has two sons, Ian Suite and Ishan Suite.
Sonu Sood started his acting career in 1999 with the Tamil film “Kallazhagar” in which he played the role of ‘Soumya Narayanan’. Next, “Hands Up!” In Telugu. Played the villain in the film. He made his Bollywood debut in 2002 with the Bollywood film “Shaheed-e-Azam” in which he played the role of ‘Bhagat Singh’. He came to prominence after playing the brother of Abhishek Bachchan in the Bollywood film “Yuva”.
In 2005, he starred in the Telugu film “Super” and became very popular. Following that, he appeared in several Telugu films such as “Attadu,” “Ashok,” “Arundhati,” “Ek Niranjan” and “Shakthi”.
His most popular Bollywood films include “Aashiq Banaya Apne”, “Dabangg”, “Happy New Year”, “Cupper Is Back”, and “Simba”.
Suite made his English film debut in 2017 with the film “Rocking Mira”. He has also acted in a Chinese film.Chuanchang. “
In 2013, filmmaker Sheetal Talwar filed a fraud case against Sonu Sood for renting him a property on Yari Road.
Stepping out மணிகர்ணிகா
Sonu, who left the film, made headlines again.Manikarnika: Queen of JhansiKangana Ranaut accused Sood of leaving the film because she was not ready to shoot under a female director. However, Sonu clarified that the issue was not the director’s gender but talent.
Kangana is a dear friend, she will always be one but the female card, constantly playing the victim card and making fun of this whole issue of male chauvinism. The gender of the director is not the issue. Talent is. Do not confuse the two. I have worked with Farah Khan, a talented female director, and Farah and I had a great professional balance and we are still best friends. That’s all I want to say.”
Converting a residential building into a hotel
In January 2021, the BMC (Mumbai Citizens’ Organization) filed a complaint against the actor for converting a six-storey building into a hotel in Juhu, Mumbai. Sonu Sood is said to have used the building to isolate medical professionals in the early days of the corona virus lockdown in the country.
Income tax audits and tax evasion
On September 16, 2021, the Income Tax Department conducted inspections at several places associated with the actor, including Mumbai, Nagpur and Jaipur. According to officials, the real estate deal and some other financial transactions related to the actor were under the department’s scanner. A few days later, the actor was released on Rs. 20 crore Central Taxes Board. According to the Income Tax Department, which tested the infrastructure team based in Suite and Lucknow, the actor diverted his “unaccounted income in the form of fake unsecured loans from several bogus companies”. He was also found to have violated the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) while raising donations from abroad. Founded in July 2020, the actor’s charity Foundation has raised Rs. 18.94 crore donations from April 2021 to September 2021; However, Rs. 1.7 crore was spent on relief work. On September 20, 2021, Sonu Sood posted a statement on social media:
You do not always have to tell your side of the story, it takes time. I pledge to serve the people of India with all my strength and heart. Every penny in my trust is waiting for its turn to save a precious life and reach those in need. And on many occasions, I have encouraged brands to donate my approval fee for humanitarian reasons as well, which keeps us going. I’m busy meeting some guests, so I’ve been at your service for the past few days. Here I am again, with all humility, living in your humble service. My journey continues. “
“Shakta Rahom N P Asan Safar Lakhta Hi,
Har Hindustani Ki Duaom Ka Asar Lakhda Hai ” pic.twitter.com/0HRhnpf0sY
– Sonu Sood (SonuSood) September 20, 2021
Sonu Suite owns a Force And an Audi Q7.
Facts / Trivia
- His hobbies include playing guitar, working out, and kick-boxing.
- The suite was first launched in Mumbai for just Rs. 5500 in his pocket. He thought that amount would last for a month, but it was over in eight to ten days.
- During his early days in Mumbai, Sonu shared a one-room-kitchen apartment with six other boys in the suburbs of Mumbai.
- His first salary was Rs. He earned Rs 4500 per month from a private job in South Mumbai.
- The suit’s first job involved a lot of fieldwork, so he traveled by train and received a monthly train pass from Borivali to Circuit.
- Suite earned Rs. She earned 500 rupees from her first modeling job, and with that money she bought herself a pair of jeans.
- Sonu has worked in films in various languages including Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Punjabi, English and Chinese.
- Sonu Sood was once mistaken for the brother of actress Asmita Sood by their common surnames.
- Sonu was supposed to star in the Hindi and Telugu remake of the film “Zanjeer” but was unable to work on it due to injury.
- Sonu revealed in an interview that he stopped praying to God for about 4 years after his mother died, even though he was very spiritual.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and visits the gym regularly.
- Suite befriended Jackie Chan during the filming of his English film “Kung Fu Yoga”.
- Sood owns a production company called Shakti Sagar Productions.
- The suite has featured on the covers of various magazines, including “You & I,” “Health & Nutrition,” “Just Urban” and “Crunch Today”.
- Sonu earned Rs. 500 from her first modeling job. Using that money she bought herself a pair of jeans.
- Suite once was traveling with his friend Ajay Thama when his Audi Q7 caught fire on the Western Express Highway in Bandra. Fortunately both escaped unharmed.
- Suite is a man who has deep faith in Lord Ganesha.
- He is an avid animal lover and also raises a pet dog named Snowy.
- In 2020, Sonu actively assisted migrant workers in Mumbai to reach their homes during the nationwide lockout due to the COVID-19 epidemic. Speaking of Suite in an interview about this,
It gave me sleepless nights when I saw scenes of people walking hundreds of kilometers to reach their villages.
- On July 30, 2020, while sharing a throwback photo of himself on Twitter from a photoshoot in 1997, he wrote –
I dared to become an actor.
- After he helped immigrants return to their hometowns during a nationwide lockout following the COVID-19 epidemic, residents of Selimi Danda under the gun built a temple dedicated to the Sonu suit. It costs around Rs. 1. 7 lakhs to build the temple.