Yami Gautham is an Indian actress and model who mainly works in Bollywood. She rose to fame after starring in a series of Fair & Lovely TV commercials.
Yami Gautam was born on Monday 28 November 1988 (Age 33 years; Until 2021) in Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
His family shifted to Chandigarh after his grandfather opened a school for underprivileged children in Chandigarh. As a child, Yami was very shy, timid and studious. He completed his schooling from Yadavindra Public School, Chandigarh.
Later, he enrolled himself to pursue a degree in law at the Punjab University, Chandigarh.
At that time, she wanted to become an IAS officer, however, later she leaned towards modeling and acting and quit her law studies after passing the first year of her graduation. When he was 20 years old, he moved to Mumbai to pursue his acting career. In 2019, Yami pursued her graduation through correspondence in Mumbai.
Height (Approx): 5′ 5″
Weight (Approx): 50 kg
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: brown
Figure Measurements (Approx): 33-25-33
Religion, Caste and Ethnicity
Yami Gautam belonged to a Hindu Brahmin family. She is half Bahadi and half Punjabi; His father is a Punjabi and his mother is a Bahari.
Parents & Siblings
Yami’s father Mukesh Gautam is a Punjabi film director. He was the Vice President of PTC Punjabi Channel. His mother’s name is Anjali Gautam. Yami has a younger sister, Surili Gautam, who is also an actress. He also has a younger brother named Ojas Gautham.
Yami Gautam married Indian film director Aditya Dhar in a private ceremony in Himachal Pradesh on 4 June 2021.
Yami Gautam was rumored to be dating Indian actor Pulkit Samrat.
Yami Gautham started her career as a model by appearing in Fair & Lovely TV commercials. The ad was directed by Anurag Basu. She starred in a series of commercials for Fair and Lovely and rose to fame.
Some of his other brand endorsements include Cornetto, Samsung Mobile, Chevrolet and Revlon.
Yami made her television debut in 2008 with the television series “Chand Ke Baar Salo”, in which she played the role of ‘Sana’.
She later appeared as ‘Rajkumari Bhairavi’ in the television series “Rajkumar Aaryan” (2008). In 2009, Gautham appeared as ‘Lehar Mathur Vajpayee’ in the TV serial “Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam”.
She also participated in reality TV shows like “Meethi Suri No 1” (2010) and “Kitchen Champion: Season 1” (2010).
Yami made her Kannada film debut in 2009 with the film “Ullasa Utsaha” titled ‘Mahalakshmi’.
In 2011, she made her debut with the Punjabi film “Ek Noor” in which she played the role of ‘Rabiha’.
In the same year, she made her debut in the Telugu film industry as ‘Archana’ with the film “Nuvvila”.
Her Bollywood film debut came in 2012 with the film “Vicky Donor”. Yami played the role of ‘Ashima Rai’ in the film and received critical acclaim for her performance.
Next, she made her debut in the Malayalam film industry as ‘Gauri Menon’ with the film ‘Hero’.
His popular Bollywood films include “Total Syaba” (2014), “Action Jackson” (2014), “Badlapur” (2015), “Sanam Re” (2016), “Kaabil” (2017), “Uri: The Surgical”. Strike” (2019) and “Bala” (2019).
Awards & Honours
- 5th BoroPlus Gold Award for “Rising Film Stars from Television” for ‘Vicky Donor’ (2012)
- Big Star Entertainment Award for “Most Entertaining Actor (Film) Debut – Female” for ‘Vicky Donor’ (2012)
- iTimes’ no. 12 Most Desirable Woman of 2012 (2013)
- Zee Cine Award for “Best Female Debut” for ‘Vicky Donor’ (2013).
- IIFA Award for “Star Debut of the Year – Female” for ‘Vicky Donner’ (2013).
- Lokmat Most Stylish Award for ‘Most Stylish Unconventional Actress’ for ‘Bala’ (2019)
- Star Screen Award for “Best Comedian” for ‘Pala’ (2020).
- Food: Samba Ke Rajma, Pizza
- Movie: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayange (1995), Titanic (1997)
- Director(s): Shoojit Sircar, Raju Hirani, Imtiaz Ali, Sriram Raghavan, Neeraj Pandey
- Colors): Black, red, white
- Fragrance: Always and always Dior
- Vacation Destination(s): Ladakh
- Jewelry Piece: A solitaire
- Yami likes reading, interior decorating and listening to music.
- Yami avoids smoking and drinking alcohol.
- As a child, Yami was an introvert. Sharing the experience of his school days, he said,
Once at school, I was ready to recite a poem on stage. I left empty-handed. I hurriedly said something and ran away.
- Gautham considers Tyra Banks as his fashion idol.
- Gautham is very particular about his fitness and practices yoga to keep himself fit. She likes to do hot yoga at 40 degrees Celsius.
- She follows a vegetarian diet.
- Yami is a trained pole dancer.
- Yami has worked in 6 language films Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and Hindi.
- He is an eco-lover and has set up his own greenhouse and landscape garden at his home in Himachal Pradesh.
- In an interview, Yami revealed that the first film he saw in a theater was Maine Pyaar Kiya (1989).
- Gautham was friends with Ayushmann Khurrana before Vicky Donner (2012). In an interview, Gautham shared his experience of meeting Khurrana on the sets of “Vicky Donor”.
Just seeing him, ‘Ere Dum?’ Ayushmann was also surprised.
- In 2021, she was featured on the cover of Cosmopolitan magazine. Yami has also appeared on the covers of magazines like “Elle,” “Brunch” and “Brides.”
- Yami is an ardent animal lover and regularly posts pictures of herself with dogs on her Instagram account.
- He owns an Audi A4 car.
- In December 2021, she gave an interview in which she revealed her skin condition, keratosis pilaris. The actress spoke at length about this abnormality and people’s reactions during the filming. According to the actress, she noticed this skin condition in her youth. In the interview, Yami said about the Instagram post in which he mentioned,
Writing a post is not difficult; It was liberating. The journey from learning about my condition to the day of publishing the post was challenging. When people see me on set, they talk about how I want to airbrush it or cover it up. It affects me a lot. It took years to accept that and put on my faith. I was amazed at the response to that post.
On Instagram, she wrote,
Hello my Insta (Instagram) family, I took some pictures recently and when they were about to go into post-production (a common procedure) to cover up my skin condition called keratosis-pilaris, I thought, ‘Hey Yami, why don’t you just accept this fact and accept it? . So be it… (yes, I’m talking out loud to myself).”
For those who haven’t heard of it, it’s a skin condition where you get small bumps on the skin. I promise they’re not as bad as you think, your aunt next door reveals it) I developed this skin condition in my teenage years and there is still no cure for it.